Music

Friday, February 18, 2011

Lifetime Mama Club

Did you know today is Platypus Day? 
No?  Well, my 4-year old daughter is wishing everyone a Happy Platypus Day! Why not?! THAT is the big lesson:  Why... Not?!

Tonight, I overhear my little Sophia do the platypus dance in front of her semi-annoyed older brothers who are meanwhile trying very hard to focus on that cute husky-voiced girl of Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place."  Each of them have their focus right now.  Just as we all want and need a focus.  What was your focus today? Does it match your focus right now?  {insert wicked laugh}

I'm not sure what my focus was today. Being Friday, just to get to 8pm with kids sans hubbie was a good aim for me.  That's usually the goal I set by 6am when hubbie dashes out the door to make le bacon.  I'm seasoned enough to know it does not work that way in reality.  And I am always ready to bend...

I had an attainable schedule today.  2 out of 3 kids in school. A little time at the gym. Groceries. Painting. Replace the fire lighter pipe in our old fireplace. Finalize the old-to-new computer transfer. All fun things.

Thankfully, I read an early morning email that erased most of my chores. My Tristan was to receive a coveted Gold Card Award at school today.  Mama's schedule has changed.  I ditched the gym, I was there at school with Sophia in stride.  At the all-school-assembly, I tried in vain to get Tristan to notice me, but that's not how he thinks. And I have to let that go and hope to get in his face with my camera after he gets his award.  He is so different than the other two, and so much like me.

Gold Card Awards are handed out by our school's principal who encourages a quick reception of award, brief applause, blah, blah.  Well, Tristan has been waiting since December for his Gold Card Award... and the rest of the world was waiting today while he sauntered... I mean, sauntered... to the stage, in his own sweet time... meanwhile the rest of the school assembly giggled and applauded. My Tristan showing his peers, his teachers, his family, his world, to just friggin' chill. Take it all in. Take it all in stride.

This is my motto for the Lifetime Mama Club: Take it all in. Take it all in stride.
My fellow mamas, plan your day loosely because you never know when it'll be Platypus Day!
Next stop... Soccer Mom Confessions

xoxo
Breeze

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The tears are streaming down my face and I have a lump in my throat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I absolutely loved this...That is so him. Sending us all a message to take it all in! :)
    -Adriana

    ReplyDelete