Music

Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm Shakin' in My Boots!

Friends, it is a rare occurance, but sometimes I paint myself into a corner.  If you have not noticed, my blogs end with the title of my next blog... with no fore thought.

So now I must start with a topic about "Shakin' in my Boots."  WTF!  I've been stumped about this topic for a few days, but the beauty of motherhood and Mommy friends is that it—whatever IT is—is given to you/me unexpectedly.  Thank you to my Mommy friend who said so matter of fact, "I told him, I want BOOTS for Christmas."  I hear you, Sister.  That's all I want, too!  Boots!  My feet are freezing! Grey, knitted, three buttons, Ugg label somewhere. That's all. My friend and I have the very same boots in mind! Great minds think alike, am I right, Sisters?

All that fun and frivolity aside, this made me think,  
What do I REALLY want...

Shakin' in my Boots.  I'm frazzled.  Pier 1 wants me to buy every adorable item in their store. Home Goods is calling my name.  TJ Maxx, let's not go there.  Holiday Tea Parties and Gift Giving Soirees are lining up. Santa photos with kids are penciled in.  Volunteer/donations inked for three of my kids' classes. The very stressful Family Gift List is half way solidified thanks in part to my brother (being ocd for once) and UPS.  My Beloved Friend still has my panties, and I venture to her "gift exchange" party within a weeks time.  There's more, no doubt, but my Post-It is conveniently MIA. I'm feeling a little frazzled, I'm feeling my boots shakin'. But it'll be OKAY!

For me, this year is different. I am shakin' in my boots to face this holiday season with family and friends to celebrate ALL OF US without my 5th, maybe 6th, chardonnay in hand.  I do not know how to do this because I have never done it before... like, since I was 14. No joke.

What do I REALLY want...

To enjoy my Beloved Inner Circle of Trust without a 5th glass in hand.
Afterall, they are the ones who love me no matter what... whether I am drunk as a skunk... or, worse, myself...

Will this be a selfless gift for them or selfish gift for me? 

My gift is to be better, be sober, be open, be vulnerable, be strong, be creative, and be waiting.

To Just Be.

xoxo Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment