Music

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fade into Peaceful Silence

"Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary." ~ Peter Minard 

Or HER inner sanctuary. just sayin'. 

Most of my days, My Inner Sanctuary is ready for me in the wee early morning hours. My hubbie dutifully hit the alarm clock at 4:30am-ish. He was off to the gym. Half conscious, I hoped I'd be awake before he arrived back so I could dutifully-housewifey-with-aprony make his much-needed latte-y. Crap, this morning I did not, but (check it out, and make a note of this) I got the bonus prize of the short stick game for being a slacker wifey. I was still in bed when I felt him lean over my very tired-arse body to kiss little Miss Sophia on the cheek (yes, she still worms her way into our bed - don't tell my Mom! PLEASE!) Not sure why I'm second in line, but I get a kiss, too. And I fumble a return kiss for him. Then I get another kiss back. Dude, I scored over Sophia - how rare, I relish it! 

His footsteps fade before sunrise, and it aches my heart. Then he tries to close the rain-soaked door. The door rattles and slams, and I think I heard him kick the friggin' door? Or did he try to kick a cat? I don't know what he was doing, but I do know that it was making wa-a-a-y too much noise. If anything, I knew our two indoor/outdoor cats would welcome the obnoxious noise and the one pathetic dim light of the kitchen. And, ah hell get out, I'm awake now... where's my latte-y... where's the cat food... 

Me, a little unnerved, yes. 
Me, more gratified! YES! 
Why, you ask? 

I am MOM, therefore, I have a very precious smidgen of time to relish SILENCE. Of course this is no match to the silence I hope to reach in my yoga class. Namaste!  But it's pure silence for a MOM at 5am-ish. The geek in me defines this moment as the vertex of the parabolic diagram. If you are a Fellow Geek, you know what I'm asayin'! It is super über silence between when my hubbie leaves for work, the cats have settled down after their pre-sunrise spaz-attacks, and most importantly, before the kids stir and wake up. SILENCE OF VERTEX!
Silence is Golden. I know this oh-so-well because Noise defines my day as a SAHM. My Days with Kids. It's Winter Break. Need I say more. And I will: 

My kids woke up this morning full of energy. Why not?! They enjoyed a blissful day yesterday with grandparents. They have no clue how lucky they are. One. Two. Three. Four. Four Grandparents here, now, today, being goofy, even relaying weird cultural anecdotes that I need to explain to the kids later. Magic tricks • How to throw a dart • "You know, Young Man, when I was your age..." • HOW TO WIN • What's the football score on TV? • Over indulgence of chocolate and anything with 105% sugar-base • Adorable animated toy characters that repeat the same friggin' thing over and over...and over (where's the gun, Mabel?) • Where can we get more AA batteries? 

Wait, sorry, we are bonding with Grandparents. I forgot. Continue... Oh, how I love this. 

Special thanks to December, I'm a little spaz-tic myself. I am the door that is too stubborn to shut but willing to take a good old fashioned kick in the arse.

I think I meant to talk about The Noises of Today: 
Today was partly defined by cloudy sky hiding the anticipated Lunar Eclipse (It's okay, I missed it, I know it happened, it's all good, there will be another one in my lifetime...on another cloudy night, fer sure.) 

Peaceful rain drops 
Chickens crowed, ready for worms 
Cats meowed, not ready for more rain 
Trees stubbornly bend in the wild wind 
I stubbornly bend in the wild wind
Noise has defined my day. My One Day with Kids. 

Favorite Noise - Listening to KLOS. Two for Tuesday. Which means when they play Led Zep, I am in pure heavenly bliss for a full half an hour! Thank you, Robert! 

Surprise Favorite Noise - My kids wearing flip flops in the SoCali rain. We all accidentally spashed into a huge parking lot puddle. We all roared in unexpected laughter. Must have been 2pm-ish, and I finally noticed—while they laughed wildy—all three of my kids have matching purple smoothie moustaches (2 hours old). 

No wonder the elderly ladies were looking at us with a smirk. I imagine they will blab about this in their knitting group.

Ah, yes, makes me remember, yet how can I forget: 
The One Day Knitting Club

xoxo Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment